Ford is part of Horizon Multi Academy Trust, which is formed of 9 Plymouth based primary schools. We work collaboratively to improve the opportunities for children across the city. Here are the aims of the Trust:
The Trust is committed to providing outstanding educational experiences for each pupil. We are determined to raise aspirations, opportunities and the standards of learning for all pupils.
- We believe that even better progress and attainment can be achieved through strong collaboration. In the Horizon MAT school leaders and governors will come together to share strategic thinking and expertise. By combining talents and skills we will support each other during challenging times.
- Expertise will be shared across the schools ensuring that all schools have access to outstanding practice. The Horizon MAT will look to fund specialist teachers to work across all schools to provide richer curricular experiences for our pupils.
- There will be opportunities for shared professional development, whether led internally or inviting in outside bodies. We would use professional development time to moderate between the year groups of the differing schools and shared subject expertise.
- We believe that the Horizon MAT will enable the schools to tackle recruitment challenges and retain and develop staff from Initial Teacher Training to senior leadership. The MAT will encourage retention of staff through providing new opportunities, and plan effectively for succession.
- As a Trust we will benefit financially as school budgets shrink. We will look to economies of scale, collective purchase and other financial efficiencies to achieve this.
To find out Horizon MAT's Governance structure, then please click here: https://horizonmat.com/governance/
To look at the Horizon MAT's financial information, then please click here: https://horizonmat.com/policies/
For more information on the Horizon MAT, click the following link: http://www.horizonmat.com
81 Sisna Park Road