The pupil premium is additional funding that schools in England receive to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
The grant per eligible pupil will be £1320 for the current financial year. There is an additional grant of £1900 for all Looked After children.
Pupil Premium funding is targeted at those pupils who are:
- Entitled to Free school meals - or have been entitled in the last 6 years(ever 6)
- Looked After Children in the care of the Local Authority
- Children from Service families
At Ford Primary School the Governors have adopted the following principles
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that receiving free school meals does not always mean a pupil is socially disadvantaged
- We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
- Pupil premium funding will be allocated following an assessment of the needs of children and will identify priority classes, groups or individuals. Limited funding and resources means that not all children receiving free school meals will be in receipt of pupil premium interventions at one time.