Home Page

What should I do if I think my child has a SEN or D?

What should I do if I think my child has Special Educational Needs or a Disability?


We hope you will share any concerns that you may have about your child as soon as possible. We can always support your child more effectively if we are well informed and kept up to date with any changes that may affect their learning or development.


If you are concerned or would like some advice or support you have several options:


  • Contact your child’s classteacher. They are usually available at the start and end of the school day. They can arrange a time to speak to you in confidence or arrange for you to meet with the school SENDCo.
  • Contact the office and ask for the school SENDCo.
  • Speak to the Headteacher
  • Speak to the school Family Support Advisor. The FSA can provide you with additional information, including how your child can be supported in extra-curricular/out of school activities.


If concerns are raised about your child’s learning or well-being, additional support may be offered in school and/or help and advice sought from outside agencies. At this point your child may be noted as having an Additional Special Educational Need or Disability.